How many calories does one serving of Kala Chana Sundal have?
One serving of Kala Chana Sundal gives 205 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 100.8 calories, proteins account for 28.8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 75.6 calories. One serving of Kala Chana Sundal provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
205 calories for 1 serving of Kala Chana Sundal, Sundal Recipe, Carbohydrates 25.2g, Protein 7.2g, Fat 8.4g.
See Kala Chana Sundal recipe | black channa sundal | healthy kondakadalai sundal | protein, fibre, magnesium rich kala chana sundal | with 30 amazing images.
kala chana sundal is a healthy South Indian chana recipe made with coconut oil and urad dal. Learn how to make black channa sundal.
This is how South Indians love to have their healthy kondakadalai sundal, served as a snack or main course.
kala chana sundal is cooked kala chana is tempered with mustard, urad dal and other traditional ingredients, and garnished with fresh and juicy grated coconut.
Kala chana used in black channa sundal is a healthy addition to your diet. Being high in protein and fiber, Kala Chana a good option for those aspiring weight loss.
Enjoy kala chana sundal recipe | black channa sundal | healthy kondakadalai sundal | protein, fibre, magnesium rich kala chana sundal | with step by step photos.
Is Kala Chana Sundal healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Kala chana : Kala chana is a healthy addition to your diet. Being high in protein and fiber, Kala Chana a good option for those aspiring weight loss. Like most pulses and legumes, kala chana also abounds in fiber, thus helping to keep you full for hours. When cooked with other healthy ingredients, kala chana is suitable for heart disease as well. Diabetics too enjoy them in restricted quantities. Brimming with calcium, they support bone health and being a good source of iron, they help build red blood cells (RBC) and hemoglobin levels.
2. Urad Dal : 1 cup of cooked urad dal gives 69.30% of folic acid of your daily requirement of folate. The folic acid in urad dal helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones, high in fibre and good for heart, good for lowering cholesterol and good for diabetes. See here for 10 super benefits of urad dal.
3. Coconut : The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
4. Coconut Oil : Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy or converted into ketones. As the calories in MCT’s are used straight away, they are less likely to be stored as fats in the body. MCT's have shown to improve your brain and memory function, they also give a boost to your energy levels and improve your endurance. The MCT in Coconut oil reduces the LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) while increasing the count of HDL cholesterol, maintaining normal blood pressure and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of coconut oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Kala Chana Sundal?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT restricted quantity for daibetics. Like most pulses and legumes, kala chana also abounds in fiber, thus helping to keep you full for hours. When cooked with other healthy ingredients, kala chana is suitable for heart disease as well. Diabetics too enjoy them in restricted quantities.
Can healthy individuals have Kala Chana Sundal?
Kala Chana Sundal is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
4. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
5. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 111 calories that come from Kala Chana Sundal?
Walking (6 kmph) = 33 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 15 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.