How many calories does one Indian Bread Pizza have?
One Indian Bread Pizza gives 130 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 73 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 37 calories. One Indian Bread Pizza provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Indian Bread Pizza | Indian bread pizza recipe | quick oven veg bread pizza | 3 ingredient tava bread pizza | with 8 amazing pictures
Looking for a super quick and easy snack recipe? We have one of the quickest recipe which is bread pizza. It is just a 3 ingredient tava bread pizza meal. It is just a quick alternate to pizza.
The unique thing about the recipe is the ideal pizza base is replaced with bread, even differs in taste. It is a best alternate for someone craving for pizza at an odd hour.
Bread pizza can be made with any bread of your choice but here we have used whole wheat bread as the base. We have toasted the bread till turns a little golden, get them off on a dry surface and spread pizza sauce on top of the toasted bread and sprinkle cheese on top. This is similar to margherita pizza as we haven’t used any veggies. You can still use any veggies of your choice like babycorn, capsicum, onions, olives or jalapeños. Once the cheese is sprinkled on top, bread pizza are baked at 200 degree for 8-10 minutes or unitl the bread turns brown or cheese melts. Once cooked, cut into triangles and serve quick oven veg bread pizza immediately.
If you do not have an oven you can also make it on a tava. When I was a kid, we didn’t have ovens at home, my mother used to make it on tava and it would still taste tasty. It is super quick and you can also use this recipe as a starter for your kids birthday party or you can also make it for evening snack. My kids love it and also sometimes take tava bread pizza in their lunch boxes.
Is Indian Bread Pizza healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
What's the problem?
Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Indian Bread Pizza?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. We have used processed cheese in the reicpe and that is not healthy. Also cheese has high fat levels which will not work for diabetics and weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Indian Bread Pizza?
Which is a healthy pizza to have?
Make sure the base of your pizza is healthy and then fix the rest. This bhakri pizza recipe is made from jowar and bajra flour. Then there is the nutritious mini pizza made with low fat cream cheese.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
One Indian Bread Pizza is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 130 calories that come from one Indian Bread Pizza?
Walking (6 kmph) = 39 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 13 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 17 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 22 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.