How many calories does one serving of Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream have?
One serving of Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream gives 104 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 84 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 10 calories. One serving of Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click on to see Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream recipe. healthy Indian chocolate ice cream | chocolate banana ice cream | 3 ingredient chocolate ice cream | no sugar chocolate ice cream | ice cream made in Vitamix | with 10 amazing images.
Healthy Indian chocolate ice cream | chocolate banana ice cream | 3 ingredient chocolate ice cream | no sugar chocolate ice cream | ice cream made in Vitamix is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional chocolate ice cream. Learn how to make chocolate banana ice cream.
To make healthy Indian chocolate ice cream, freeze 4 bananas overnight. Break bananas into pieces. In a vitamix or high quality blender, put the frozen bananas. We made our ice cream with vitamix. Add unsweetened cocoa powder. Add unsweetened almond milk. Pulse with tamper (black rod) downwards and keep doing it till it is smooth. Initially it will be very difficult to pulse. Black rod is called tamper and is used to push down the ice cream to the upper level of the blades keeping some safe distance. We can process thick dense food or ice cream which would not be possible in a regular mixer. Pour thick dense ice cream into a plastic container. Freeze the healthy Indian chocolate ice cream. Serve the chocolate banana ice cream chilled.
This is a very simple recipe and the base consists of accessible and nutrient dense ingredients. The 3 ingredient chocolate ice cream has a wonderful and smooth consistency. The flavour of the banana goes great with the chocolate and overall, it tastes very refreshing as compared to regular ice cream, which can become overwhelmingly sweet.
We use unsweetened cocoa powder which gives the dark chocolate flavour to the no sugar chocolate ice cream. This is a better option to opt for as compared to regular cocoa powder which is high in sugar. Lastly, we use unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. This lends protein and some amount of fibre, which helps to satiate you in a healthy way.
With only 104 calories per serving, this ice cream made in Vitamix is a healthy choice for all health conscious people including those aiming weight loss and have existing heart problems. Bananas are a natural source of potassium which helps to control blood pressure and maintain cardiac health. All in one, this ice cream is a wise indulgence occasionally.
Tips for healthy Indian chocolate ice cream.
1. The banana is the main ingredient for this ice cream and it binds the mixture together. It is advisable to use ripe bananas as they bring the ice cream more natural sweetness. Ripe bananas often have peels with black spots, so you can choose accordingly.
2. If you wish, you can make almond milk at home.
3. You can also substitute almond milk with other options like cow’s milk, soy milk, etc.
4. This chocolate banana ice cream is by itself reasonably sweet as the banana provides natural sweetness. However, if you prefer it to be sweeter, you can add your choice of sweetener to the ice cream before freezing
Is Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restricted to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream.
What's good in Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened : Cocoa is rich in polyphenols like flavonoids, catechins and epicatechins. These show anti-inflammatory effect as well help the body get rid of harmful free radicals and thus reduce the onset of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Small amounts of cocoa powder have been proven to reduce insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar control and benefit diabetics. Some random trials with cocoa powder have exhibited reduction in the levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body making it good for heart and good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of cocoa powder.
Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. Bananas contain good amounts of potassium and magnesium which lowers the risk of heart diseases. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
Almond milk : It is a creamy and tasty milk substitute, which is rich in protein and iron. Made with almonds, this non-dairy product is ideal for lactose-intolerant people. Being free of cholesterol, it is also preferred by health-conscious people, endurance athletes, runners and triathletes. Almond Milk has a Glycemic Index of 25 which is low. Glycemic Index are for foods you eat, ranks carbohydrate-containing foods by how quickly they digest and raise your blood sugar or glucose levels.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream?
No, this recipe is not suggested for diabetics and overweight. Banana is used in this recipe. It is high in carbs, which may increase sugar level for diabetic, hence suggested to avoid by the diabetic person or person with overweight. However, obese people can have a small serving of this ice-cream occasaionally to satisfy their sweet cravings as a replacement to sugar and fat laden ice cream.
Heart patients can enjoy a serving occasionally. Bananas are a good source of potassium, which helps regulate heartbeat. Moreover the recipe is not fat laden.
Can healthy individuals have Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream?
Yes, this is good and healthy icecream.
What is a healthier Indian dessert option ?
We suggest you try low fat gajjar halwa recipe which uses dates as a sweetener along with low fat milk. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery, oats and dates kheer and anjeer and mixed nuts barfi, dates and nut coconut balls sweetened by dates and zero sugar used, and healthy fig ice cream (not for diabetics).
Healthy Fig Ice Cream, Anjeer Ice Cream Recipe
Try a jowar based Indian dessert which is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream. The jowar apple sheera recipe is made with the addition of cows milk and apples and sweetened with honey.
Jowar Apple Sheera, Healthy Indian Sweet
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 104 calories that come from one serving of Healthy Indian Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate Banana Ice Cream?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.