Healthy Fig Ice Cream, Anjeer Ice Cream Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17086 times
Everybody loves a cup of lusciously creamy and tasty ice-cream, but have you ever wondered if there is some way to make it healthy?
Well, here is a Healthy Fig Ice-Cream made with loads of dried figs and cow’s milk. Figs give a nice mouth-feel as well as natural sweetness to the ice-cream, thereby reducing the amount of sugar needed drastically.
We have also avoided condensed milk and used a minimal amount of milk powder instead, to get the necessary creaminess and rich milky taste.
Super tasty and healthy, this ice-cream is sure to make it to your favourites list. However, make sure you have it only occasionally and not frequently.
You can also try a low-fat Kulfi like the Low- Fat Kulfi with Strawberry Sauce .
- Combine the dried figs and ¾ cup of milk in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool the mixture completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the remaining 1 cup of milk, sugar and milk powder and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter round shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and once again blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per scoop
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.