How many calories does one serving of Gavarfali ki Sukhi Sabzi have?
One serving of Gavarfali ki Sukhi Sabzi gives 110 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 24 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 78 calories. One serving of Gavarfali ki Sukhi provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
110 calories for 1 serving of Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi (Rajasthani), Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 8g, Protein 1.9g, Fat 10.2g. Find how much fibre, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, folic acid is present in Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi ( Rajasthani).
Click here to view Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi recipe.
Is Gavarfali ki Sukhi Sabzi healthy?
Yes, this is healthy gavar sabzi.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Guar, Gavar, Cluster Beans : Guar has a low glycemic index, which along with high fiber count (5.4 g / cup) makes it a highly suitable choice for diabetics. Gavar should be on top of the list for those on low carb diet and weight loss diet. They reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) and total cholesterol and thus keep the levels under check. The fibre also has the ability to lower blood pressure from this sabzi. Both of these together benefit the heart. See detailed benefits of gaur gavar.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Coconut Oil : Use coconut oil instead of processed seed oils like soyabean oil, canola, sunflower oil, corn oil and other omega-6 rich oils should be used in very low amounts. Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy. As the calories in MCT’s are used straight away, they are less likely to be stored as fats in the body. MCT's have shown to improve your brain and memory function, they also give a boost to your energy levels and improve your endurance. The MCT in Coconut oil reduces the LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) while increasing the count of HDL cholesterol, maintaining normal blood pressure and good for diabetics. See detailed benefits of coconut oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Gavarfali ki Sukhi Sabzi ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
3 reasons why Gavarfali sabzi is good for you.
- Guar has a low glycemic index, which along with high fiber count (5.4 g / cup) makes it a highly suitable choice for diabetics.
- Use coconut oil instead of processed seed oils like soyabean oil, canola, sunflower oil, corn oil and other omega-6 rich oils should be used in very low amounts. Coconut oil is a medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s). Unlike other fats, they go directly from the gut to the liver. From here, they are then used as a source of energy.
- This recipe is great for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Gavarfali ki Sukhi Sabzi ?
What to have with Gavarfali sukhi sabzi ?
Combine sabzi with bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti, whole wheat bhakri recipe to make a healthy combination.
Gavarfali sukhi sabzi is rich in below macronutrients, vitamins and minerals given in descending order (highest to lowest).
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds. Have citrus fruits, lemons, vegetables ( capsicum, broccoli, cabbage). 68% of RDA.
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy. Folic acid rich Indian foods (kabuli chana, chana dal, yellow moong dal, urad dal, tooval dal, til ) 37% of RDA.
- Calcium rich recipes : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults. 13% of RDA.
- Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains. 12% of RDA.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells. 10% of RDA.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 110 calories that come from one serving of Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.