How many calories does one serving of Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing have?
One serving of Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing gives 52 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 41 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 3 calories. One serving of Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing recipe. Carefully-chosen ingredients like green grapes, cucumber and cabbage make this salad a really refreshing one. The innovative dressing of low-fat curds adds to the tingling freshness of this salad with the zesty flavours of basil, lemon and mustard.
Is Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Green Grapes : The flavonoid quercitin found in grapes helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases and prevents the onset of stroke. Resveratrol is another antioxidant that grapes possess. Grapes contain the necessary minerals to maintain or lower blood pressure. Vitamin C is known as an immune booster. Basically it helps to build our white blood cells (WBC), the immune cells, and builds a strong line of defence against common diseases like cold and cough. Diabetics to eat in restricted quantity. See detailed benefits of grapes.
4. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will avoid that elevate blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cabbage and Grapes Salad ?
Yes, they can have it but in restricted quantity for diabetes, weight loss and heart as grapes is the issues.
Can healthy individuals have Cabbage and Grapes Salad ?
Cabbage and Grapes Salad in a Basil Curd Dressing is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 52 calories that come from Cabbage and Grapes Salad in A Basil Curd Dressing?
Walking (6 kmph) = 16 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 5 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 7 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 9 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.