How many calories does one serving of Bharwa Lauki have?
One serving of Bharwa Lauki gives 63 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 30 calories, proteins account for 7 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 25 calories. One serving of Bharwa Lauki provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Bharwa Lauki recipe. Scooped containers of boiled bottle gourd are packed with a flavourful, soft paneer stuffing, and topped with tangy tomato gravy. Known for its good health quotient, bottle gourd becomes all the more desirable in this Bharwa Lauki recipe, as it combines tastefully with protein-packed paneer and Vitamin A and C rich tomatoes.
Is Bharwa Lauki healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Doodhi (bottle gourd, lauki) : With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. See the 10 benefits of bottlegourd article for complete information.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Bharwa Lauki ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Bottle gourd helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. Low fat paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Subzi?
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Can healthy individuals have Bharwa Lauki ?
Bharwa Lauki is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 63 calories that come from Bharwa Lauki?
Walking (6 kmph) = 19 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 6 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 8 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.