How many calories does one tall glass Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake have?
One tall glass Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake gives 208 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 130 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 46 calories. One tall glass Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake recipe.
Is Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Pineapple (Ananas) : Packed with vitamin C (64.7 mg / cup), pineapple is one such fruit which boosts immunity. They help build our line of defence against diseases by building white blood cells (WBC). It is known for its laxative effect and overcome or prevent constipation. Pineapple is a rich source of Magnesium (54.8 mg / cup) which has a role to play in heart health. By reducing inflammation it helps to relieve the joint pain related to arthritis. Cons : Pineapple as a sole snack would not be recommended for diabetics. Paired with other high fiber and low glycemic index fruits, you can include it in small portions. Pineapple is not very low in calories nor carbs and hence not good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of pineapple.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake ?
No for diabetics as the whole fruit is better than juices. Yes for heart as sugar is used. No for weight loss as pineapple is high in carbs.
Can healthy individuals have Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake ?
No. Sugar is used.
Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 208 calories that come from Pineapple Banana Yoghurt Shake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 2 mins
Running kmph) = 21 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 28 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 36 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.