How many calories does one tbsp of Garlic Tomato Chutney have?
One tbsp of Garlic Tomato Chutney gives 9 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 4 calories, proteins account for 1 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 4 calories. One tbsp of Garlic Tomato Chutney provides about 0 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Garlic Tomato Chutney recipe. This Garlic Tomato Chutney is made with tomatoes, spring onions and garlic. Garlic helps in giving uniqueness to the chutney, tomatoes give the tanginess to the Tomato Garlic Chutney.Garlic Tomato Chutney is different from other Chutney’s as it is not grounded into a smooth paste and also, it is cooked. This chutney also has crunchiness as spring onions are added to it.Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure in Tomato Garlic Chutney. Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in vitamin C,good for heart in Garlic Tomato Chutney. So here is a healthy Garlic Tomato Chutney we encourage you to include in your healthy lifestyle.
Is Garlic Tomato Chutney healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other infections. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
2. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
5. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Garlic Tomato Chutney ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart.
Can healthy individuals have Garlic Tomato Chutney?
Yes. Garlic Tomato Chutney – A Healthy Accompaniment to Snacks. Pancakes, dosas and chilas are the wholesome snacks made on tava with which this delicious Garlic Tomato Chutney can be served. Alternatively it’s a healthy spread from rolls as well. Apart from flavour, it also adds a whole lot of antioxidants to your meals. Tomato contains Lycopene and Vitamin A whereas garlic abounds in Allicin – all of these help to build a healthy immune system and ward off harmful free radicals from the body. Unlike most chutney which are smooth, this Tomato Garlic Chutney is slightly coarse in texture which in reality give a good mouth feel. Dwell into its taste and flavour and reap its health benefits.
How to burn 9 calories that come from Garlic Tomato Chutney?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.