How many calories does one serving of Creamy Mushroom Risotto have?
One serving of Creamy Mushroom Risotto gives 367 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 210 calories, proteins account for 30 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 129 calories. One serving of Creamy Mushroom Risotto provides about 18 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Creamy Mushroom Risotto recipe. It has a creamy, slightly gooey consistency and soft flavour that is very soothing to the palate. It is quite filling and tasty, and can be served as a one-dish meal. Here, we tell you how to make Creamy Mushroom Risotto, an authentic recipe made of Arborio rice, vegetable stock, mushrooms, cream, cheese and appropriate seasonings. This satiating one-dish meal can be enjoyed for dinner. You can use Parmesan cheese instead of processed cheese. Also, remember to add one cup of stock at a time to get the perfect texture.
Is Creamy Mushroom Risotto healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
2. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
3. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
4. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
5. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other infections. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
6. Vegetable Stock : This is super healthy as you are making a stock from mixed vegetables which are boiled in water and then the vegetables are discarded and water (stock) retained to be used in soups and vegetables. The stock is healthy because it has small amounts of water soluble Vitamin B and Vitamin C. It has low calories, no carbs and zero fats and enhnaces the taste.
7. Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.
What's the problem?
1. Rice : Here are the pros for rice. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of energy for our body. Rice is low in fibre and therefore a good option for people suffering from diarrhoea. What's not good in rice. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels. See details of is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Creamy Mushroom Risotto?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels.
Can healthy individuals have Creamy Mushroom Risotto?
Have a small portion only.
Creamy Mushroom Risotto is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
6. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 367 calories that come from Creamy Mushroom Risotto?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 50 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 37 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 49 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.