How many calories does one glass of Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie have?
One glass of Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie gives 214 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 116 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 63 calories. One glass of Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie recipe. Three exciting berries pour their goodness and zesty flavours into this glassful, making it a top-rated smoothie! The vibrant and refreshing flavour of the berries combine beautifully with curds, which is used as the base of this smoothie.Laced mildly with honey, the Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie has a very balanced flavour that everybody will love. Serve it immediately after preparation because when berries and curds stay together for too long, the taste becomes tart.
Is Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Strawberries : Strawberries are chock-full of a phytonutrients, which are good antioxidants and reduce body inflammation. This pink-red coloured fruit abounds in vitamin C. You will be surprised that a cup of strawberry is enough to fulfills your day’s requirement of vitamin C, which helps in building a healthy immune system and keeping all types of infections away. These high vitamins C count benefits in preventing cancer and also fighting the existing the cancer cells if any. Strawberries are a rich source of potassium and magnesium, which helps in lowering blood pressure. With a glycemic index 41, they can be added in limited quantity to a diabetic meal too. Moreover they are a very good source of fiber too. A cup of strawberry yields 4.6 g of fiber, which is a boon for weight loss.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Honey : Honey, a natural sweetener, is a thick liquid made by honeybees which acts as an energy boost. A tbsp. of honey (20 g) gives 60 calories but virtually no protein, fat and fiber. It has been regarded as a traditional medicine since ages. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties are known to fight bacteria and prevent infections like cold and cough. Some research also shows that the polyphenolic compounds in honey help protect the heart.
Is Honey Safe for Diabetes?
In reality honey and sugar both are filled with carbs and will affect blood sugar levels. The use of honey by diabetics has been under debate. Research shows that on consumption of honey by a group of diabetics, initially increased the blood sugar levels. But after 2 hours the blood sugar levels dropped and were under control. This probably indicated that the consumption of honey, might increase insulin levels in the body which has a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Moreover, it is also a fact that honey is more sweeter than sugar and so may require less quantity. However, honey is not the wisest option to be picked by diabetics. Any fluctuation in blood sugar levels is not considered safe for them. So addition of generous amounts of honey to make desserts is a complete No-No. However if you wish to have it in moderate amounts occasionally, talk to your doctor and dietitian. Adjust the dose of medicine and other carbs in the diet before adding honey to your diet.
Is Honey Beneficial for Weight Loss?
Honey Lemon Water is a drink which most weight watchers prefer to have early in the morning. The hot water in this concoction helps to break down the fat globules, while the honey and lemon duo aids in cleansing and removing toxins from the body and thus boost metabolism. But at the same time honey lends some calories as well. So if you opt for this drink pre-workout, probably honey will give you an energy boost and you will also burn these calories from honey. Thus, though honey can be used, you should be in mindful about the amount of honey being added to your meal plan. Restrict the quantity of honey to not more than 1 tsp per glass (this will add only 20 calories). Also concentrate on eating a whole lot of other foods which aid in giving a trimmed waistline, as there is no such one food which helps in achieving your weight loss targets.
4. Blueberries : Blueberries are a powerful antioxidant, especially anthocyanins which help fight cancer and degeneration of cells. They are low in calories, rich in fibre and good for daibetics.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie?
Yes for heart and weight loss and no for diabetics. honey is not the wisest option to be picked by diabetics. Any fluctuation in blood sugar levels is not considered safe for them.
Strawberries are a rich source of potassium and magnesium, which helps in lowering blood pressure. With a glycemic index 41, they can be added in limited quantity to a diabetic meal too. Moreover they are a very good source of fiber too. Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Use low fat curds for this recipe. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity.
Can healthy individuals have Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie?
Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 214 calories that come from Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 4 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 21 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 29 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 37 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.