Cabbage and Dal Parathas Videos by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13016 times
A great combination of cereals, pulses and vegetables, this balanced meal can be made more nutritious by replacing half the wheat flour with soya flour or nachni flour.
Recipe Description for Cabbage and Dal Paratha
- Combine the flour, salt and oil in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the fennel seeds and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the moong dal, mint leaves, turmeric powder, dried mango powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- To make cabbage and dal paratha, divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
- Cook the paratha, using a little oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 4 more cabbage and dal parathas.
- Serve immediately with curds and a pickle of your choice.
See step by step images of Cabbage and Dal Paratha Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.