Stuffed Cauliflower Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11484 times
Crisp and tasty parathas that none can refuse, the stuffed cauliflower paratha is wonderful way of preparing healthy cauliflower. Whole wheat flour and a liberal amount of cauliflower make this a nutritious dish, which is crispier than normal parathas due to the additional of rice flour. Aromatic herbs like coriander and mint along with green chillies give these parathas a naturally strong aroma that kindles one's appetite.
Recipe Description for Stuffed Cauliflower Paratha
- Combine the rice flour, whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using enough milk.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cauliflower, salt, turmeric powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, mint leaves, green chillies and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll 1 portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a greased hot non-stick tava (griddle) and place 1 portion of the stuffing on one half of the roti.
- Fold the other half of the roti over the stuffing to make a semi-circle and press it lightly so that the stuffing doesn’t spill out.
- Cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.