Beetroot Pav Bhaji Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19554 times
The deep red colour of cooked beetroots and the palate-warming flavour of pav bhaji masala team up to make this Beetroot Pav Bhaji a delightful dish that everyone will love.
The grated beetroot is combined with other veggies that go into the classic bhaji like onions, tomatoes, mashed potatoes, etc., and flavoured with the typical spice powders like chilli powder and pav bhaji masala.
The sweetness of the beetroot is a good match for the spiciness, giving you a very balanced and enjoyable flavour.
Serve it with nice buttery pav, and do not forget the lemon wedges because its tangy touch adds great value to the bhaji.
Also have a go at other recipes like Pav Sandwich or Pav Bhaji Masala .
- Heat the butter and oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum an sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beetroot and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, coriander, lemon juice, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while mashing it occasionally. Keep aside.
- Slit 2 pavs vertically and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add 1 tbsp of butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to cook more pavs. Keep aside.
- Serve the bhaji hot with pavs, onions and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.