Apple Crumble (Healthy Heart, High Fibre) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4889 times
Apple Crumble (Healthy Heart, High Fibre) Video. Stewed apple baked with a topping of muesli makes a great dessert. The muesli is a high fibre muesli with oats… comparatively apple crumble usually has maida, butter and sugar mixture otherwise. The fat in this recipe comes from the walnuts which add the much needed omega 3 fatty acids which keep the arteries healthy and elastic and strengthen the heart as well.
Recipe Description for Apple Crumble
- Combine ½ cup of water, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks and lemon juice in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the apples, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the apples turn soft.
- Discard the cinnamon and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and lightly roast them on a slow flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Grease a baking dish lightly using low-fat butter.
- Spread the stewed apples at the base of a baking dish and spread the muesli evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till the muesli turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Apple Crumble Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.