Apple Rabadi (Diabetic Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 25174 times
Low fat milk thickened with apple. The addition of nutmeg and cardamom blends well with the subtle flavours. Try not to peel the apple, as much of the fibre is present in the peel and just below it. Select sweet apples for this recipe, as sharp apples can split the rabadi bitter and so render it useless.
Recipe Description for Apple Rabadi, Diabetic Friendly
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan and simmer it for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the grated apple, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder and nutmeg powder, mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Once the rabadi¸ has been cooled, add the sugar substitute, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
See step by step images of Apple Rabadi, Diabetic Friendly Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.