Date and Apple Kheer Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 23349 times
Kheer has always been a part of the indian spread. Times have changed, but kheer continues to find a special place in our meal! over time, several variations of kheer have emerged. Here i present a very healthy version, especially for diabetics a dessert made with apples and dates cooked in low fat milk and sweetened with sugar substitutes. Dates and apples impart their natural sweetness and fibre, while walnuts add crunch and taste to this kheer. Milk has abundant proteins and calcium,and the goodness of apples and dates, of course, needs no explanation!
Recipe Description for Date and Apple Kheer ( Diabetic Recipe )
- Combine the apples, sugar and 3/4 cup water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, or till the apples are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, allow it to cool completely and keep aside.
- Bring the milk to boil in a broad kadhai.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the dates and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the prepared apple mixture and sugar substitute and mix well.
- Serve chilled garnished with walnuts.
See step by step images of Date and Apple Kheer ( Diabetic Recipe )
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.