by Tarla Dalal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1935 times
The magic of spices unfolds, making the Zarda Pulao an experience that stays carved in your memory forever.
Perfectly-cooked long-grained rice is tinged with saffron and rose water, enriched with mawa, boosted with spices and embellished with many a nut and dry fruit.
Indeed, the Zarda Pulao is a royal treat worthy of a grand occasion. You can also try making rich and tasty Shahi Pulao or the simple but satiating Vegetable Pulao .
- Combine the milk, saffron, rose water and sugar in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the mixed nuts and raisins and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon, bayleaves, star anise, cloves and fennel seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the prepared saffron-milk mixture , mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with mawa.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||68.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.