Yummy Pineapple Rasam
by LOPA SHAH
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4670 times
New Version of Rasam with combination of tomatoes and Pineapple.
- Cook together tomatoes, pineapple pieces, few coriander leaves, curry leaves with 1 cup of water till tomatoes and pineapple turns soft (Appr 10 minutes)
- Blend the mixture using a hand blender to a smooth paste.
- To this add green chilli, rasam powder, salt, asafoetida and cooked toover dal mixed with 4-5 cups of water.
- Boil the mixture on medium heat till the raw smell of rasam powder goes off (Appr 20 Minutes)
- Switch off the gas.
- Heat ghee in small non-stick pan, add mustard seeds, when the seeds crackle add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Add the tempering and lime juice to the rasam and boil for a few minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and pineapple pieces
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 31 Mar 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.