Whole Wheat Mexican Tortillas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3995 times
Well, have you always stayed off Mexican food because the tortillas are made with maida and maize flour? Of course, both these ingredients are terrors for diabetics as they have a high glycemic indexes and can make blood sugar levels rise quickly.
Now, you can make tasty Whole Wheat Mexican Tortillas. This recipe has more of wheat flour and a little maize flour, resulting in tortillas that are as tasty as the original but definitely healthier.
Use them to make sumptuous and delicious Burritos occasionally!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the rolled out tortilla till light blisters appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 5 more tortillas.
- Use as required.
|Energy|| 53 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.9 gm|
|Fat|| 0.3 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 5.7 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 0 mg|
|Calcium|| 6.7 mg|
|Iron|| 0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 5.2 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.