by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11182 times
An upma like dish made with powdered rotlas, the Wagharelo Rotla is a classic, time-tested way to make use of leftover rotlas.
The characteristic taste and aroma of rotlas linger on even after they are powdered, and when cooked with ingredients like onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies, the powdered rotlas transform into a dish that is too yummy to resist.
Slightly spicy, the Wagharelo Rotla is a wonderful breakfast option for cold winter days. In case you love this dish too much and want to make it with fresh rotlas too, you may do so by all means.
But as soon as you make the rotlas, apply some ghee on them and allow them to rest for at least two hours before blending. Otherwise you will end up with a paste instead of a powder.
Try your hand at other interesting bajra based snacks like the Bajra Onion Muthia and Bajra, Rice and Sprouts Moong Puda .
- Blend the rotla pieces in a mixer to a smooth powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the rotla powder, 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, fresh garlic and coriander, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.