Veg Manchurian, Chinese Dry Manchurian
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 80 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29630 times
Veg Manchurian, which is one of the most popular Chinese dishes in India, is sold even in roadside food stalls and snack counters these days! This popularity is well-deserved, because the Veg Manchurian does have a zesty charm that captivates anybody who bites into one.
A mixture of crunchy veggies is shaped into balls and deep-fried, and then tossed with an assortment of sauces and flavour enhancers like ginger, green chillies and garlic.
Spring onions are a must in the Veg Manchurian, because it gives an authentic taste and aroma. Although the Veg Manchurian does not taste bad after cooling, we would advice serving it immediately while the flavours are vibrant and the textures are crisp and fresh.
You can also try other Chinese recipes like the Chinese Samosa or Chinese Creamy Corn Tart.
Enjoy how to make Veg Manchurian recipe with detailed step by step photos and video.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 14 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball (if you find it difficult to form balls, sprinkle a little water).
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the balls, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, ginger, garlic and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- 3. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, cornflour-water mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the manchurian balls to the dry sauce, toss gently and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens.
- Serve immediately.
Veg Manchurian by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.