Tuppa Dosa, Soft Ghee Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6862 times
Tuppa in Kannada means ghee, and that makes the highlight of this recipe obvious! This dosa is a special one, which is often made when there are guests. You can actually smell the ghee from outside the house, and it will make you drool!
Since the batter for this dosa uses more urad than usual dosas, the Tuppa Dosa also turns out soft and fluffy, which makes it doubly delightful.
The reddish brown hue, and rich aroma of ghee and fenugreek make this dosa a truly special culinary treat! Enjoy it hot off the tava with sambhar and chutney.
Try other dosa recipes like Set Dosa and Neer Dosa .
- Combine the raw rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl and soak it in enough water for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with approx. 1¼ cups of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment in a warm place for 8 hours.
- Once fermented, mix it very well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) pour a ladleful of the batter over it and spread it evenly to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle and cook using ghee on a medium flame till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 14 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.