This recipe has been viewed 4016 times
A nice easy and spicy Tamatar soup or tomato soup recipe. The chopped tomatoes are cooked with spices and can be served with rice or enjoyed as a soup.
Add your private note
Tamatar Soup recipe - How to make Tamatar Soup
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and cut tomatoes into quarters
- Cook tomatoes with chopped ginger, garlic, green chilies cut into two and whole garam masala. add 5 cups of water and bay leaf. bring to a boil.
- Simmer for twenty minutes on a slow flame until tomatoes are mashed completely.
- Strain the mixture with a soup strainer.
- Heat oil in a pan. add cumin seeds, let them crackle. add strained tomato liquid and season with salt.
- Bring it to a boil, add sugar if it is very sour.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.