Suva Chawal Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17843 times
Sweet variation of appas (rice bread) using Suva bhaji. Knead the dough when hot otherwise it will harden on keeping. Not so very popular with many of you, Suva bhaji is sweet to taste and is a rich source of vitamin A.
- Combine the dill leaves and rice flour together in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Put 1 cup of water to boil in a thick-bottom pan and add the salt and green chillies.
- Add the dill leaves and rice flour mixture and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame.
- Cover it with a lid and leave aside for about 5 minutes.
- Knead into soft dough using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter, using a little rice flour.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each paratha, using a little oil, till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||561.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.