This recipe has been viewed 6470 times
Can be prepared easily when guests come as surprise.
Add your private note
Sugar Pongal recipe - How to make Sugar Pongal
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1/2cup chana dal,
1 cup thick rava,
4 cardmom powdered,
8 tbsp ghee,
11/2 cup sugar,
1/2 cup coconut grated,
- Method:-roast chana dal till light brown and wash and drain.
- Heat 3 tblsp ghee and fry rava till light brown.
- Cook chana dal with 2 glass water in pressure cooker for 2 whistle.
- Heat pan and add the cooked chana dal with water to it.keep the flame low.
- Add the fried rava to it.
- After rava is cooked add sugar and raisins to it and stir continously till sugar melts and 1 boil comes.
- Add coconut grated and mix nicely.when it comes to thick consistency add the remaining ghee and cardamom powdered.
- Can be served hot or refrigerate and serve cool.
- Serve with a tsp of ghee. can be stored for2days in fridge
This recipe was contributed by mayagpai on 05 Dec 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.