Stuffed Methi Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15557 times
Methi is an ingredient normally used to make rotis and parathas , but usually it is either sautéed or blended and added to the dough itself.
These Stuffed Methi Parathas are quite different because methi is used as a stuffing. The sautéed greens are bound together with besan and flavoured jazzily with chaat masala. Since the methi mixture is stuffed into the parathas, its quantity is more and its flavour is very noticeable.
So, for those who love the pleasant bitterness and strong aroma of methi, this paratha is a dream come true. Serve these flavour-packed parathas for breakfast with a cup of curds.
You can also try these other parathas with unusual stuffing like Papad Stuffed Parathas , Spicy Rice Parathas and Stir-Fried Vegetable Parathas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, besan, sugar, chaat masala and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and allow it cool.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the methi stuffing in the centre of the circle, bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 4 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds or pickle.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.