Stir-Fried Vegetable Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23174 times
Ever thought Chinese and Indian cuisine would meet in a Paratha? That is precisely what makes this recipe very unique! The horde of well-chosen ingredients makes this recipe tasty and healthy. Bean sprouts and vegetables impart crunch to these Parathas; hence take care not to overcook them. The Parathas are folded in an interesting style, like an envelope to hold the stuffing in; hence take care while cooking them too so as to retain the shape. One of these Parathas with a glass of juice for breakfast is sure to keep you going till lunch.
- Heat the soya oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, tofu and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the flame, cool and divide it into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out one portion of dough into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and fold the edges to make an envelope to cover the stuffing.
- Cook the paratha on a tava (griddle) with the open edges at the bottom using soya oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.