Strawberry Stew with Banana Custard
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39322 times
A tongue-tickling stew of juicy strawberries with sugar and a squeeze of lemon, is layered with a creamy banana custard made with real mashed bananas, custard powder and milk.
The mellow sweetness of bananas contrasts beautifully with the sharp tangy-sweet taste of strawberries, just as the soft texture of the custard contrasts with the pulpy mouth-feel of the stew.
The two are made for each other, and the Strawberry Stew with Banana Custard tastes just awesome, especially when served chilled.
You can try other strawberry based delights like Strawberry Margarita and Strawberry Paneer Pie .
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the custard powder and ¼ cup of cold milk in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2¾ cups of cold milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the custard powder-milk mixture and vanilla essence, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously or till the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the bananas and mix well.
- Pour little of the prepared strawberry stew into 6 individual glasses and pour a little custard over it and finally top it with a little more strawberry stew. Refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||134.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||32.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.