Stawberry Swiss Roll
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5056 times
Strawberry swiss roll is an easy recipe to prepare a soft and sweet cake roll with strawberry puree as filling. The thin swiss roll is made of eggs, refined flour and sugar and baked in a very shallow rectangular baking tray. The rolls are then filled up with strawberry puree or jellies and relishes as dessert after slicing.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (400°f).
- Line a 200 mm. Into 300 mm. (8" into 12") swiss roll tin with grease-proof or waxed paper and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients with the orange rind in a bowl along with 30 ml of water and whisk well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared swiss roll tin and smoothen the edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the sponge is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed with the fingertips.
- Dissolve the custard powder in a little cold milk.
- Boil the rest of the milk with the sugar.
- Add the custard powder and simmer for a few minutes.
- Cool and keep aside in the refrigerator.
- Soak the sponge lightly with the refrigerated soaking syrup.
- Spread the cold custard on the sponge.
- Spoon the strawberry filling evenly over the custard.
- Carefully lift one end of the greaseproof paper and roll up the sponge.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Arrange the whole strawberries over and around the roll.
- Sprinkle the castor sugar over it.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by viranj on 12 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.