Singapore Fried Rice, Veg Singapore Fried Rice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40745 times
A sumptuous rice dish with a zesty flavour, the Singapore Fried Rice is made of perfectly cooked long-grained rice and a horde of veggies, pepped up with ginger, garlic, pepper and varied sauces.
A few raisins and broken cashewnuts add more textures and flavours to this exciting Veg Singapore Fried Rice, while a garnish of spring onions heightens the characteristic Oriental flavour and texture of this dish. If you wish, you can improve this dish further by adding mushrooms too.
Also check out our other fried rice recipes - Thai Fried Rice , Schezuan Fried Rice , Chatuchak Fried Rice , Chilli Coriander Fried Rice , Burnt Garlic Fried Rice , 5 Spice Fried Rice and Mexican Fried Rice .
- Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the star anise and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies, turmeric powder, sesame seeds and cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the raisins and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the vegetables and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and green chilli sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add the rice, sugar and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the spring onion greens and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.