Shimla Mirch ki Launji
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29897 times
This is a tongue-tickling launji of capsicum cubes flavoured with nigella seeds, fennels seeds, green chillies and common spice powders, which can be served immediately and also stored for a few days. Shimla Mirch ki Launji draws an enticing tang from the dried mango powder, which is further highlighted by the addition of a little sugar. So easy to prepare, you can soak in the flavours of this launji any time you feel like it.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the nigella seeds, fennel seeds and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of water, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the capsicum turns soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Shimla Mirch ki Launji Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.