Tamatar ki Launji
by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Tamatar ki Launji in Gujarati)
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60672 times
Everyday ingredients, minimal time, and least effort is all it takes to make this mouth-watering accompaniment! A simple tempering of seeds and a sprinkling of common spice powders moves the humble tomato from an ‘extra’ ingredient status into the limelight. Perhaps it is the right combination of ingredients with the appropriate quick cooking techniques, which retains – and even enhances – the tangy flavour of tomatoes so beautifully. Enjoy the Tamatar ki Launji hot and fresh, with your favourite roti.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, nigella seeds and fennel seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.