- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Sheermal in Hindi)
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89348 times
Sheermal is a mildly-sweet, saffron-flavoured naan popular in the Indo-Pak sub-continent. While this Moghul delight is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, it can also be comfortably prepared in a Tava in the convenience of your own kitchen. Using warm milk and spices in the dough gives it a really rich flavour, which makes this usable as a main course as well as a standalone snack that you can have with tea. Do not forget to brush the Sheermal with a little ghee before serving, as it accentuates the aroma manifold. Serve this Mughlai bread with Lajjatdar Paneer and Shahjahani Dal
- Combine the saffron and 1 tsp of hot water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour, ghee, sugar, baking powder, cardamom powder, saffron-water mixture and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using milk.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the sheermal over it and cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat the steps 5 to 7 to make 9 more sheermals.
- Brush each sheermal with a little ghee and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sheermal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.