by HANISHA A. ARORA
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3713 times
A very irresistible at the same time very healthy kadhi enriched with vegetables of your own choice.....
Add your private note
Shahi Kadhi recipe - How to make Shahi Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 serving
- Beat the besan, curd and water together carefully avoiding formation of lumps.
- Add the Ginger paste,salt and put to boil stirring continuously.
- Carefully Wash and prick the baby potatoes and deep fry them at low flame with their skin, fry till the skin turns crispy and dark brown.
- Peel the Baby Onions with out removing their heads and deep fry at low flame til dark brown.
- Add the onions and potatoes to the boiling kadhi and let it boil on low flame.
- Dry roast the peas, add to the kadhi.
- Heat the ghee in a pan,Add the broken red Chillies.
- Add the Garlic Paste and Saute for 2 mins
- Now add the red chilly powder and add this tempering to the kadhi.
- Heat a clean coal on high flame directly till the edges turn red.
- Put the coal in the centre of the kadhi pot and pour ghee over it and cover it immediately with a heavy top.
- Let it stand for 5 min and then remove the coal.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with Plain roti or paratha.
This recipe was contributed by HANISHA A. ARORA on 03 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.