Schezuan Style Stir Fried Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 489 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85440 times
Quick and easy, but typically Chinese, the Schezuan Style Stir-Fried Vegetables features an assortment of crunchy veggies ranging from baby corn and broccoli to cabbage and spring onions, stir-fried with Schezuan sauce and red chillies, and thickened with cornflour. One thing to note here is that the cabbage is cut into cubes and not shredded, so that it cooks uniformly with the other veggies.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the dry red chillies and cabbage with ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the water evaporates, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spring onion whites and pak choi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and schezuan sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||393.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||47.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||24.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.