Rice Stuffed Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8420 times
While it is potatoes that dominate this recipe, it is the rice that gives it the special soft centre!
A stuffing of cooked rice, roasted potatoes and spinach flavoured with green chillies and bound by fresh cream, goes into the hollows scooped out of boiled potatoes.
An elegant yet unique starter, the Rice Stuffed Potatoes will be enjoyed by everybody at your party ! Make sure you serve it fresh to retain the texture of the stuffing properly.
Also do try other interesting stuffed potatoes like Jacket Potatoes with Broccoli and Red Pepper , Stuffed Potatoes with Spaghetti and Stuffed Potatoes with Paneer .
- Peel the potatoes and cut each potato vertically into 2 halves.
- Scoop the centre of each potato halve a little, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed in the centre for the stuffing. Make sure to keep the scooped potato mixture aside to be used in the stuffing.
- Combine all the ingredients along with the scooped potato mixture in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Place the scooped potato halves on it and sprinkle a little salt over all the potato halves.
- Cook the potatoes, using a little oil, on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the potatoes turn light brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Stuff each potato halve with a portion of the prepared stuffing and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||206.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.