Jacket Potatoes with Broccoli and Red Pepper
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15381 times
Whenever you complain of excessive hair fall, you are told – time and again – to eat more dates and spinach to top up on iron. While this is true, the fact is you need a couple of other ingredients like calcium and vitamin C also to grow and strengthen hair. Here is an innovative preparation of Jacket Potatoes with Broccoli and Red Pepper, which helps you meet these nutritional requirements in a lip-smacking way. Here, a thoughtful combination of vegetables that complement each other well in texture and flavour come together in a healthy white sauce made with whole wheat flour instead of maida, all set to meet your nutritional needs tastefully.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook no a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. .
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper, chilli flakes and little salt and sauté on a medium for 2 minutes.
- Add the whole wheat flour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each boiled potato into 2 halves horizontally.
- Scoop the potato halves, using a spoon so that a depression is created for the filling.
- Sprinkle some salt over each potato halve and fill each potato halve with one portion of the filling.
- Align the potatoes on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per jacket potato
|Energy|| 92 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 13.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 44.4 mg|
|Calcium|| 67.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.