Stuffed Potatoes with Spaghetti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10967 times
Potatoes, stuffed with an exotic herbed mixture of spaghetti, sun-dried tomatoes and capsicum, are topped with cheese and baked to perfection, till the cheese melts and the filling fuses with the potatoes, resulting in a perfect starter! For your Stuffed Potato with Spaghetti to be firm, remember not to pressure cook the potatoes; follow the instructions in the recipe to semi-cook the potatoes as they will get fully cooked later while baking.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in enough warm water in a bowl for 10 minutes. Drain well, chop them finely and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spaghetti, fresh cream, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the basil and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Divide the filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the potatoes and enough water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for approx. . 15 minutes or till the potatoes are 80% cooked. Drain and cool completely.
- Cut each potato into half vertically and scoop out the centres of each potato halve a little, using a spoon, so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing.
- Sprinkle little salt over all the potato halves.
- Fill each potato halve with a portion of the stuffing and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese on each potato halve.
- Bake the stuffed potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.