Rice Sevai/ Idiyappam By Kundhu
This recipe has been viewed 4980 times
Rice sevai/ idiyappam is a South Indian breakfast recipe with rice sevai or rice noodles which are boiled and then cooked with chopped onions, red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Keep water in a big vessel for boiling add a pinch of salt and little oil to the water.
- Add instant rice sevai (dragon company) to the water and boil till its 90% done.
- Drain the cooked water and wash it with cold running water and keep it aside till all the water drains.
- Now take oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. now add ural dhal, gram dhal till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add grated coconut, turmeric powder, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cook till done.
- Now switch of the gas stove and allow it cool.
- Then add the sevai to it. sprinkle salt, lemon juice and mix thoroughly with hand.
- Serve it with coconut chutney.
- "its a delicious south indian recipe"
This recipe was contributed by kundhu on 24 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.