Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 475 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 473111 times
The highlight of the Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi is the addition of crisp and fresh besan pakodas! This imparts a chewy, crunchy dimension to the kadhi making it more satiating. You will also find this kadhi to be more flavourful, as it uses a wider selection of spices than normal, everyday kadhi recipes. Such a splash of flavours is essential to enjoy food in extreme climates such as that found in Rajasthan.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, drop spoonfuls of the batter into it and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, turmeric powder, salt and 2½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves, red chillies, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger, curry leaves and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the pakodas to the hot kadhi, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.