Quick Gajar ka Halwa, Carrot Halwa Without Mawa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 696 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 132695 times
Here is a delicious halwa with the rich hue of carrots and the luxurious flavour of milk.
This Quick Gajar ka Halwa, made with the help of a pressure cooker, is so easy and simple, and is made with common, everyday ingredients. It does not even use khoya. You can make it on any day you feel like treating your family to a special desi dessert.
You can also try other tasty Indian treats like the Khubani Halwa and the Lauki Halwa.
Enjoy how to make Quick Gajar ka Halwa recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- To make quick gajar ka halwa, heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add the sugar , mix well and cook on high flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and almond slivers, mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.