Quick Cashew Barfi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41863 times
Every time you think of badam, pista or kaju barfi, do you head straight to the sweet shop? Why not make it at home? If you are thinking – no way, it will take too long to make – just take our challenge and try this Quick Cashew Barfi! It can be made in a jiffy and tastes just as awesome as the original, you will never again think of buying cashew barfi from the stores.
- Blend the cashewnuts in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashew powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter plate with a little melted ghee, transfer the mixture into it and spread it evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, cut into 8 equal-sized diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- Traditional cashew barfis made with mava take a longer time to cook and also need refrigeration after making. This version is made in a jiffy and stays fresh for up to a week at room temperature itself, as it does not contain mava.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per barfi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.