Quick Apple Sandesh
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 491 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41646 times
A perfect balance of tradition, modernity and convenience, the apple sandesh is a delectable dessert you can whip up in minutes.
Here, quickly-made balls of Sandesh are topped with an apple mixture tanged up with lemon juice. Strands of saffron impart a rich hue and aroma to the dessert.
Try other recipes like Chocolate Sandesh or Mixed Fruit Sandesh
- Combine the saffron with a little water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, sugar, grated apples, ½ tablespoon of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Flatten it lightly. Make a depression in the centre using your index finger.
- Just before serving, fill each depression in the sandesh with a portion of the apple mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandesh
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.