Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich On A Tava, Indian Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 127769 times
potato sandwich | aloo sandwich | aloo sandwich made on tawa | aloo tawa sandwich | with amazing 21 images.
potato sandwich is a aloo sandwich made on tawa. Scrumptious and satiating, the potato sandwich is the ideal snack to appease your hunger! You don’t need a grilled or toaster to make Indian potato tawa sandwich. We have used the simple tava which is available in every Indian kitchen.
aloo sandwich is a buttery, chutney-lined bread is sandwiched with a tasty potato mixture and toasted on a tawa till it is appetizingly crisp and golden. Although aloo sandwich made on tawa is a common snack that is enjoyed by everybody, this is nothing short of a work of art because it so masterfully combines taste and functionality. The next time you feel hungry, think no further – just go for a aloo sandwich.
Aloo sandwich is a popular snack with kids and office-goers, and is sold commonly in canteens and bakeries. Aloo tawa sandwich is a wonderful snack to accompany tea, because it is both filling and tasty.
The vegetable tawa sandwich is so quick and easy to make that if you no one can ever go wrong with the recipe. To make the stuffing for aloo tawa sandwich, combine mashed potatoes, onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and Indian spices that include red chilli powder and chaat masala followed by lemon juice. The potato filling is very tasty, as it is boosted with flavourful ingredients like onion, coriander, chaat masala and lemon juice. You can also add cheese if you wish to.
Enjoy potato sandwich | aloo sandwich | aloo sandwich made on tawa | aloo tawa sandwich | with detailed step by step recipe photos and videos below.
- To make potato sandwich, divide the stuffing into 4 eqaul portions. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter on both the bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Put 1 tsp of green chutney on both the buttered bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Put a portion of the stuffing on one buttered- chutney slice and sandwich it with another buttered-chutney slice facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve the potato sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup.
Potato Sandwich video by Tarla Dalal
Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich On A Tava, Indian Snack recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.