Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich On A Tava, Indian Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23184 times
Scrumptious and satiating, the Potato Sandwich is the ideal snack to appease your hunger! Buttery, chutney-lined bread is sandwiched with a tasty potato mixture and toasted on a tava till it is appetizingly crisp and golden. The potato filling is very tasty, as it is boosted with flavourful ingredients like onion, coriander, chaat masala and lemon juice. Although it is a common snack that is enjoyed by everybody, this is nothing short of a work of art because it so masterfully combines taste and functionality. The next time you feel hungry, think no further – just go for a Potato Sandwich.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 eqaul portions. Keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter on both the bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Put 1 tsp of green chutney on both the buttered bread slices and spread it evenly.
- Put a portion of the stuffing on one buttered- chutney slice and sandwich it with another buttered-chutney slice facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Apply ½ tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||483.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.