Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 322 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 139232 times
Everyday ingredients brought together in the right way give you a sumptuous sandwich, which is cheesy, juicy and crunchy all at the same time.
Spring onions and cabbage give a toothsome crunch to this sandwich, while green chillies and chilli sauce add a bit of spice.
Carrots give an enticing sweetness while cheese makes it totally awesome. A dash of tomato ketchup imparts a universally-loved flavour to this Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich, making it appealing to everybody.
Enjoy this grilled sandwich immediately on preparation. You can also try other grilled sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and spring onion greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, switch off the flame and mix well till the cheese melts.
- Allow it to cool slightly and divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 whole wheat bread slices on a clean, dry surface and butter them lightly.
- Spread 1 portion of the prepared filling evenly on each bread slice.
- Butter 2 more bread slices and place them on the filling with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush some more butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Cut both the sandwiches diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 2 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||580.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.