Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 331 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 159982 times
Everyday ingredients brought together in the right way give you a sumptuous sandwich, which is cheesy, juicy and crunchy all at the same time.
Spring onions and cabbage give a toothsome crunch to this sandwich, while green chillies and chilli sauce add a bit of spice.
Carrots give an enticing sweetness while cheese makes it totally awesome. A dash of tomato ketchup imparts a universally-loved flavour to this Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich, making it appealing to everybody.
Enjoy this grilled sandwich immediately on preparation. You can also try other Veg Grilled Sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich.
Enjoy how to make Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and spring onion greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, switch off the flame and mix well till the cheese melts.
- Allow it to cool slightly and divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- To make to make cheesy onion grilled sandwich, place 2 whole wheat bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply ½ tsp butter on each slice.
- Spread 1 portion of the prepared filling evenly on one bread slice.
- Place the other bread slice, buttered side down, over the filling.
- Brush ½ tsp butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Cut the cheesy onion grilled sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 3 more cheesy onion grilled sandwiches.
- Serve the cheesy onion grilled sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup.
Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich recipe with step by step photos
Apart from this recipe, there are many other Grilled Sandwich recipes you can try which are perfect for lunch or dinner!
For the Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich, take a broad non-stick pan and add butter into it.
Add the spring onion whites. They give a nice crunch to the filling of your Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich.
Add green chilies to zing up the filling. You can also add chilli flakes instead.
Mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
Now add the cabbage for the additional crunch. You can also use red cabbage for a lovely color and flavor.
Now add the carrot. This will cut the salty elements and provide a little sweetness.
Likewise, add the spring onion greens, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Add the chilli sauce as well.
Now, add tomato ketchup to perk up the flavors.
Add the salt to taste.
Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occassionally.
Now it’s time to add the cheese which is the showstopper of this Cheesy onion grilled sandwich recipe.
Turn the flame off and mix well till the cheese melts.
Let it cool slightly and divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
On a clean and dry surface, keep 2 whole wheat bread slices. You can either buy the bread slices from the market or make Whole Wheat Bread at Home.
Apply 1/2 tsp of butter onto each bread slice.
Take 1 portion of the prepared filling and spread evenly on one bread slice.
Place the other bread slice over the filling, buttered side facing downwards.
Apply another 1/2 tsp of butter on top of the bread for added flavor and to prevent the bread from sticking to the griller.
Grease the lower have of your sandwich griller and pre-heat it. You can make 2 sandwiches at a time if you wish.
Place the sandwich on the griller, buttered side facing upwards.
Grill for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns crusty and brown from both the sides.
Remove from the griller and place the sandwich on a clean, dry surface.
Cut the Cheesy onion grilled sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces. You can also cut them into 4 square pieces.
Repeat the steps to make 3 more Cheesy onion grilled sandwiches.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or any other dip of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.