by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13340 times
There is one one thing that is more satisfying than a loaf of warm bread, and that is fresh, homemade jam! Incidentally, homemade jam does not always take half a day to prepare. Here is a quick recipe that makes two cups of wonderful Pineapple Jam in less than half an hour! For that fresh tang and heavenly mouth-feel, remember to just crush the pineapple coarsely and not grind it smooth. Once cooled, pop the jar of jam into the fridge and use whenever required.
- Put the pineapple cubes in the mixer and blend into a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Head a deep non-stick kadhai, add the coarsely crushed pineapple and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes or till it slightly thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Refrigerate and store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||8.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.