Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2466 times
Pesrate or a s commonly known as pesarattu in Andhra households is a pancake recipe prepared from a rice and lentil batter. Enjoy hot and crispy pesrate with coconut chutney or sambhar
Add your private note
Pesrate recipe - How to make Pesrate
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- For the batter
- Soak the rice and par boiled rice together.
- Soak all the dals together.
- Soak the rice and dals overnight.
- Grind the rice with little water.(the batter should be fine with any kani)
- Grind the dals coarsely with litle water.
- Now mix the rice and dal.
- Cover and leave to ferment for about 7-8 hours.
- For the masala
- Grind the kashmiri red chillies and green chillies to a paste with 1 tbsp water.
- Mix together in the batter chillie paste, finely chopped corriander, hing, curry leaves and salt.
- Mix these masalas well in the batter and see to it that no lumps are formed.
- For the pesrate
- Heat a non stick tava.
- Spread a little batter as we do for a uttapa.(thick)
- Spread a little oil and cook on both the sides.
- Serve hot with powder chutney.
This recipe was contributed by 00000 on 12 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.