by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 149003 times
"Pasanda" means every one's favourite. So as the name suggests this paneer delicacy is adored by everyone who tastes it.
The various pastes used to make this dish add their own distinct flavours which combine to form a flavour like none other.
Using ghee in the dish instead of oil can further enhance the flavour though making it a little high in calories. Despite the fact that this recipe calls for extra effort, it is my favourite because the rich gravy wins me praise every time I make it!
Paneer Pasanda can be enjoyed for lunch as well as dinner and also great as a part of an Indian Party menu.
Enjoy how to make Paneer Pasanda recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan along with 1 cup of water and boil for 8 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the onions and little salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Blend the deep-fried onions in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onion paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook again for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the deep-fried onion paste, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, place the paneer cubes in the gravy, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the paneer pasanda hot garnished with coriander.
Paneer Pasanda recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.