by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Paneer Masala in Hindi)
Added to 620 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 367090 times
The desi tongue drools at the sight of Paneer Masala. It is perhaps the first dish that comes to mind when one thinks of paneer. A succulent tomato-based gravy flavoured with an elaborate masala paste containing almost all the spices in your masala dabba together with onions, coconut, and other ingredients, plays host to cubes of soft, fresh paneer. Paneer absorbs the tangy flavours well, making the overall effect very enjoyable indeed.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, ½ cup of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with parathas.
Paneer Masala Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.